Koreanization

I have just finished watching 2012 movie today with my bros. Overall, the movie line was good but to me, there's nothing much of a surprise. Everything that has been told on the story, i have read it before or i have at least knew it. There's no "odd" story or outcome that i was expecting. Still, It's worth watch for me.

After watching the movie, i go with my bros to have a dinner at a nearby food center. I was having a korean food and i suddenly remember of a topic about koreanization. At first, i didn't pay too much attention when my lecture mentioned it on class. During my dinner today, this topic suddenly stroke my head. "Come to think about it, it's true!", i said to myself.

Korean culture has been permeating into most of Asian countries culture throught the so called "TV Media". Korean drama, especially, and korean movie has give a significant impact which has somehow alter the course of asian culture. If you live in Asia, you could notice that your friends (esp girls who are more into the korean's drama) habits. They have been increasingly "lured" into having korean food for their meals. The kimchi, bulgogi and many others thing has been more of a habitual food or "fancy" food for many asian people.

Not only korean food, Korean fashion has also become a "fashion" in most asian countries. The way people are getting dress, the way they do make up, and etc. I couldn't tell much about it, but you can look at it yourself. It's noticeable. Just look at your friends, those who lives near you, type of restaurants that's opening, type of boutique that's opening in malls and you will see.

No comments: